- beach volleyball: on a 16×32 m court that is covered by 40 cm thick sand layer, enclosed by boards and can be illuminated
- beach football or beach handball: on the same court with small sized or handball goals
- badminton: on a grass-covered badminton court with net and rackets
- ping-pong: on three indoor tables with 25 rackets, in a heatable room
- floorball: on a 90 sqm rink with boarded floor and many rackets
- skating: available in frosty weather on a 500 sqm illuminated ice-rink that is suitable for amateur hockey and can be reserved in advance
- the 90 sqm heatable room can also be used as a gym (suitable for school PE lessons) with a complete sanitary block
- other possibilities nearby:
- rowing on the Danube: canoes can be rented from the boathouse of Vidra Sport Club at Luppa Island
- archery and horse riding with teaching as well as mountain bike tours at the side of the horst Nagy-Kevély
- water skiing, wakeboarding and fishing on Lake Omszk
PROVIDED WITH: LOCKER ROOM, SANITARY BLOCK AND SPORTS EQUIPMENT
For outdoor programmes:
- garden parties, open-fire cooking, bacon frying, barbecue, camp fire: in a half hectare yard with trees, grass and groves, a roofed pergola (for up to 10 people), benches, tables (20 sets, for up to 200 people), a fire-setting place, firewood and equipment for outdoor cooking and roasting
- the yard is also ideal for outdoor school lessons, lectures and training courses: in a quiet garden far from noisy traffic (in case of adverse weather the events can be arranged inside the building), with excellent accessibility by public transport (25 minutes by local train from Batthyány tér ‒ the centre of Budapest).
EQUIPMENT FOR GARDEN PROGRAMMES ARE PROVIDED (we give a stand, too, for the outdoor stew-pot), IN A PROTECTED, ENCLOSED, NATURAL ENVIRONMENT
- birthday parties, family- and friendly gatherings, wedding parties: with rooms suitable for dancing: a 130 sqm large room, a 40 sqm lounge that can be connected to a smaller, 50 sqm room (all with limestone flooring) as well as a 90 sqm ping-pong hall with boarded floor, fully equipped kitchenette and sanitary block, for up to 200 people, on altogether 400sqm area
- training courses, lectures, team-building company programmes: with a stage (also suitable for amateur plays) as well as tables, benches and chairs.
- kids’ gatherings, birthday parties: with a spacious “frantic-room” or a garden for outdoor activities, depending on the weather
- class reunion parties, dance-parties, fancy-dress balls or other programmes for school classes or any kid groups: you can furnish and decorate the place as you like
PROVIDED WITH COMPLETE KITCHENETTE EQUIPMENT (jugs, trays, glasses etc.)
- simple mattresses with sleeping bags (for 20 people), or in case of larger number (up to 100 people) accommodation on boarded floor on your own camping mats (if you use our mattresses, please bring a bed-sheet)
- we provide camping ground for your tent in the yard
- it can be a dwelling place, prowling target, scene of leaders’ meeting or watercraft training for other scout troops
HEATABLE IN WINTERTIME: by gas convectors or wood-burning iron stoves, WITH COMPLETE SANITARY BLOCKS WITH SHOWERS
- water tours: you can rent canoes and kayaks from the boathouse of Vidra Sport Club at the nearby Luppa Island, and row on the Szentendre Danube branch
- cycling tours: routes along the Danube to Szentendre Island, the Danube Bend or the Pilis Mountains
- hiking and horse riding tours: in the Pilis Mountains on the horst Nagy-Kevély (part of the Duna-Ipoly National Park)
- sightseeing tours by bicycle or public transport: to Budapest, Szentendre, Skanzen etc.
EXCELLENT ACCESSIBILITY BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT: from Budapest Batthyány tér (opposite the House of Parliament) 25 minutes by local train (HÉV), then only a two-minute walk from Budakalász Lenfonó HÉV station
LOCATED NEXT TO A CYCLE TRACK!
Rooms and equipment:
- a large room with a mobile stage and curtains (130 sqm)
- a ping-pong hall (gym) with boarded floor (90 sqm)
- a small room (50 sqm) + a lounge (40 sqm)
- sanitary blocks with toilets, washroom, shower and locker room (for up to 200 people)
- fully equipped kitchenette for social programmes, outdoor cooking, several refrigerators, 60 chairs, benches, tables for up to 200 people
- All of the rooms can be heated by wood-burning iron stoves, which ensure pleasant warmth very quickly!
Discount for scout troops! In case of larger or multi-day programmes the fees are negotiable. For rental fees please click here.
Scout House, (no number) Vasút sor, Budakalász
It can be found at the end of the dead-end street, next to the Lenfonó Bakery, accessible through a large wooden gate.
(GPS: 47.620480, 19.048776)
How to approach:
- By public transport: travel 25 minutes from Budapest Batthyány tér on the line of the Szentendre local train (HÉV ‒ H5), get off at Budakalász Lenfonó station, then take a two-minute walk along the rails towards Budapest.
- By car: go towards the north beside the rails on Vasút sor at Budakalász HÉV station until the end of the dead-end street where there is parking possibility for about 20 cars, or stop your car around the Budakalász Lenfonó HÉV station.
- The best is to come by bicycle on the cycle track along the Danube. Enter Budakalász on the cycle track, which is along the road that leads to Luppa Island.
- Reservation: with caution-money, which is at least 10.000 HUF/occasion but it can be altered on agreement with the organiser depending on the programme.
- Call: András Konrád (tel: +36202203541) or Miklós Rácz (tel: +36203152653)
- Write to: email@example.com
- See the Rules of the House here.
- On the spot find: Attila Nyári (tel: +36705241105)
- For further information please contact Dr András Wettstein scout troop leader (tel: +36303057305; e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org).